Why doesn't the US Government requires from Public Assistance recipients to pay back for services provided to eliminate the abuse of the System?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Let's just be clear about one thing. You DON'T pay taxes if you get it all back when you file your return. Every penny that gets refunded back to you is a penny you didn't pay in taxes. Sometimes people don't think of this. Sure, they may take money out of your check, but technically you "pay" taxes when you file your return. The money taken from your check is just a "loan" to the govt until tax day.

I am not talking to the mom that had the 100K salary, I am talking to the other 2 posters that were talking about being on pa and paying taxes.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• 1st off shut up u know nothing about it if ur saying this.. a lot of ppl on foodstamps and medicaid STILL PAY TAXES go figure right? ok next when it comes to welfare THEY HAVE TO PAY THE SHIT BAcK, IF THEY DONT THE KIDS FATHER IS PAYING FOR IT. BUT SOMEONE HAS TO PAY THEY ALSO MAKE YOU FIND A DAMN JOB. as far as the people that dont work on FS and Medicaid. SO WHAT U DONT KNOW THEIR DAMN REASON FOR BEING ON IT. YOU DoNT KNOW IF THEY LOSE JOBS. OR WHAT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• What?
    Anonymous

• go ahead and delete this u know ur starting something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• sry lost jobs not lose jobs i was typing to fast
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Its called taxes, some have paid them before they went on PA and most will pay them after they leave PA. Also, the amount of people who abuse it are very few and far between. Also, if they catch up with a dead beat absent parent and the custodial parent has received any kind of cash assistance the dead beat parent ends up paying extra to the Child Support Enforcement Agency in addition to paying child support to repay that cash assistance. Also, if you abuse the system and get caught you are fined or sent to jail or both and no longer able to receive benefits.
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Oh, that's good, remove even more of the motivation to get off it. As soon as you start getting back on your feet, they take money back!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• WHY dosnt the Govt require drug tests for people on PA? We as tax payers have to take them to get or keep a job to pay our taxes so drug addicts can be on PA? It's just NOT right!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• This is such a stupid post ! Seriously my husbands income last year was over 100k and now hes been laid off since march and thanks to our governer we lost our state medical coverage that we dont even qualify for anymore because we make less then 2k a month. We paid over 15k in taxes last year I think I can use it when I need it ! no to mention I had to sell my vehicle and jewlery to pay for his medical up to now because he was born with a heart issue and cant get meical anywhere because of a " preexsisting condtion". But yet after all these years of paying taxes and medi-cal for other peoples kids I finally qualify my self so no I dont feel bad I think ive already paid my fair share 6 years of paying taxes between 10- 15 k a year Im paid for awhile.
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It does not matter what you made or paid in the past. Medicaid and foodstamps is based on the here and now. I know. I have both. They want to know every single detail and where you get every penny and what you do with it. I am so tired of people bashing people on PA and Medicaid. They would not want my life for a minute trust me. What goes around comes around.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009