Can I please get resume advice? I'm overwhelmed and can't think straight.

I don't know a good format to follow for my resume. I am so confused. Especially now that you have to be completely anal with it or you won't get hired in this economy. I can't paste it here because you can only put in so many characters. Basically, I've been a stay home mom for almost 3 years. I did do volunteer art classes at my daughter's school for last year's school year of '08-'09. I also have a photography job before that, a few waitressing jobs and a college degree that I haven't "used" since I ended up not enjoying what I was supposed to do, but I still at least finished my degree so I had one. Anyway, how do I make a resume to use for a lot of jobs? Do I have to tailor it to each job I want? I just can't seem to find a way to highlight my skills and such, since most jobs I want I have no previous experience in. I hope my question makes sense, and I hope I can get help! Thanks!!

workathome01

Asked by workathome01 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• CareerPerfect® - Resume Writing Help: Sample Resumes, Expert ...

Expert Resume Help, Tips and Advice... plus Keyword Electronic Resume Tutorial & Examples; Sample Resumes and Cover Letters; Resume Writing Services; ...
    www.careerperfect.com/content/resume-writing-help/ -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Resume and Cover Letter Advice and Services

In today's whirlwind work world, you need an OUTSTANDING resume at hand at all times — a resume that reflects your high standards, expectations, and goals. ...
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• welljust put all your education and work experience you can also put volunteer work on your resume make sure your objective appeals to all feilds of work you can basically put anyhting on a resume that you would like an employer to lnow or think an employer should know about you also goto resumetemplates.org its a pretty goo website i think
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

•  Do I have to tailor it to each job I want?

------------

Yes try to do this.  Try to be in the employers shoes reading your resume.  Would you hire you?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• go to this website :
    http://www.onetcodeconnector.org/
    type in any type of job you have done and it will help you make a dishboy job sound like you did important stuff!!!
    http://socsci.mccneb.edu/POS/HMRMAIN.HTM
    This is my college human relations class website and has lots of info!!!!!

GOOD LUCK
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Girl look on Craigslist for ideas there. Go to the very bottom and click on Resumes and see what others are doing. Try to get some ideas there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You will need to have several versions of your resume, and create cover letters for every opportunity. SAHMs have great skills that employers value, like time management, budgeting and logistics.

I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly. –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Thanks ladies!! I appreciate all the responses, it helps alot! :)
    workathome01

Answer by workathome01 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009