If homosexuality is a choice

what women were you into before you finally decided you would be straight instead of gay? Because if it's a choice, everyone must be Bi before they choose, right?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "At some point in their lives EVERYONE makes a conscious choice to act on an attraction and/or desire. So yes, being straight or gay is a CHOICE."

But they do not choose the ATTRACTION itself. The attraction is biological. You can choose not to act on an attraction, yes, but you CANNOT choose who you are attracted to.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• At some point in their lives EVERYONE makes a conscious choice to act on an attraction and/or desire. So yes, being straight or gay is a CHOICE.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Not necessarily. My best friend i grew up w/ just never liked girls. When he was old enough to actually be attractes to someone, he was attracted to men, & that started at around 13 for him. Luckily, his parents had a hunch that he would be gay. I mean, when we were 4, we were playing w/ makeup & dressing up like woman. So, his parents were/are supportive of him.

I do have a friend though that used to date guys. She was a TOTAL butch though, when she "came out" everyone thought "sheesh, finally!" She admitted that she could get turned on w/ a guy, but that it never felt right to her. It took a few bad hook ups for her to realize that she was attracted to woman. Sometimes denial sets in, it's not easy for some to admit they are gay.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• being gay is not a choice. If you actually ever get close, or grow up w/ someone who is gay, you would not be so ignorant about the issue.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• lol.. i love women..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't think it is a choice in any way shape or form.

I also think that at least for me, it is very much a being attracted to, and falling for that PERSON, not the sex. I never woke up and said, well I think I will try being attracted to women today.

But at certain points in my life, there have been women who I have loved very much, and been physically attracted to.
    Yes I am basically married to a man now, but once again, it wasn't because he is a man, it is because of the person he is.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• NO! Did you CHOOSE to NOT be gay? Of course not. Sexuality is not a choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• you would not be so ignorant about the issue.

Thank you for completely missing the pointeye rolling

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Thank you OP! I've been trying to make that point! I didn't choose to be straight, I just am. I love men, I love my husband and can't imagine ever having sex with a woman! My best friend on the other hand, has said if she could "choose", she would want to be straight because of the torment intolerant a**holes put her through. But she can't, because she is attracted to women, always has been and has been with the same woman for 10 years now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Being gay is not a choice.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009