Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade vegetable beef soup.

I have many recipes of vegetable soup but lookin for something new.Thank you all!!

Spoiledrotten07

Asked by Spoiledrotten07 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• it's not a recipe really since I've never really measured my ingredients, but I start with beef shank of soup bones and boil those over for two hours with salt, pepper, celery leaves and one onion cut in big chunks.

Once boiled, I strain the broth and will refrigerate over night to remove the fat from it. Then, I'll add bunch of veggies: carrots, onions, celery, frozen corn, cubed potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower and to make it thicker and richer in proteins, I'll add red lentils. They disappear in the broth, you hardly see them. I also like to add barley. That's pretty much what my vegetable soup looks like... and now I feel like making one!!! Good luck and let me know if you try it, what you think about it.
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 5:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2009