Halloween on a Sat..how does this work?

my oldest child is 4 and i can't really remember what it was like for halloween to be on a weekend. But how does this all work? should kids start trick or treating around 5 or does it go earlier?last year i planned on going out around 4-5 and make a quick stop around home @ 7 for dinner and then trick or treat for another hour but that didn't work out the way i planned...lol. What a hectic day. Anyways, i was wondering cuz since it is on a weekend i was invited to an adult halloween party later on halloween night. but i want some time to go trick or treating with the kids ,feed them, send them to grammy's overnite and still have time to get myself ready. i was hoping maybe they would hold some halloween celebrations earlier in the day but i haven't seen anything..btw i live in ny..don't know if that makes a difference with halloween curfews in diff states or sumthin..

xdeviouskittyxx

Asked by xdeviouskittyxx at 5:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Each city sets up their own times. Some cities even have trick er treating durning the day because of problems at night. It should be announced in the newspaper and on the radio.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't think there are different rules for the weekends. You trick-or treat the same time you would on a week night.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i say 6-dark.. let ppl get home and settled in.. im going to go out after i get off..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 5:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• in our city the mall has trick or treating for the under 5 crowd from 3-4, then kids head out door-to-door around 5:30.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 5:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Here it's when it gets dark, around 6p, and goes until around 8p. I know that in some areas that when it's on a weeknight they may switch it the Sat. before Halloween for trick or treating but when Halloween is on Sat. it's much easier.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Whenever Halloween fell on a weekend, I always trick or treated in the afternoon. I don't see why not?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009