How do you fix the knots in your stomach?

15 weeks 1 day until my husband ships to basic. He just swore in today. I thought finally getting that call would fix these knots but I think it made them worse...

jmetz4

Asked by jmetz4 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Congratulations to you and your husband!
    You must have been so proud seeing him stand there to be sworn in. Did you take pics? I love seeing how long my husband's hair was in the pics I took at his swearing-in and how he keeps it cut now...lol.
    Now you can go join some really supportive sites and learn as much about the military lifestyle as you can, especially about anything that may be coming up. ONLY join groups or sites that follow OPSEC regulations because that means that they are aware of, and follow, security precautions as required by the military.
    You are now a military spouse - display with pride!
    patriotic

PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• just calm down and pray that all goes well. its normal to feel this, esp with the current state of our world. enjoy the time you have with him, and keep him as focused as possible. The time will go by fast...just pray for him everynight and you will be fine.
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Hun, go online and research ALL military stuff. Go to www.militaryonesource.com It is a lifesaver./ Also, contact the ACS in your state(or whatever his branch calls Family Services--calling Military one source will give you the info) Get a Power of Attorney done NOW, wills, and also get him to tell you what home and car repairs/maintenance has to be done when. Get a schedule going now of how you run your day, and stock up on Benadryl--you'll need it to sleep at night, trust me. Get resources and supplies for a hobby, any hobby.
    Join a spouse support group either online or IRL. Get a list of family member's contact info and all emergency contact numbers.
    Have sex. Every day, 3 times or more if you can swing it. trust me. Go online and order a vibrator. Nope, not being gross, but trust me.
    Take a gillion pictures of him. Order or make a Daddy Doll for the kids. Ask his recruiter for a list of family services.
    Last? Pray. Hard
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I actually wasn't there for the swearing in :( The recruiter said that he would have another swearing in ceremony before he ships and my husband didn't want me to skip class to see him. It just made the knots worse. I already joined militarysos.com when he told me he had decided this was what he wanted to do. It has been pretty helpful so far. And I was glad I joined especially since I didn't know what OPSEC meant before that.
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009