8 weeks pregnant and bleeding with clotting

Hi My sister is 8 week pregnant, she started bleeding approx 2 weeks ago. She went to er last week, they did ultrasound and the babys heartbeat was there, they told her to come back in approx a week. The bleeding has continued, this mornin she called me and woke bleeding heavily, so I took her back to er. They did bld wook and pee test which cup was filled with bld and clots. So we thought for sure it was a miscarriage, but ultrasound was ordered and babys heartbeat was strong and cervix is closed. We are not sure what to think at this point, any info will be of great help. she is 36 yrs old could this be the problem? or stress? And all this clotting, could she still have a perfectly healthy baby? Thankyou for taking the time to help.

catseyez

Asked by catseyez at 5:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• she couldve been carrying more than one and lost the other
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Sometimes you can bleed several times during the pregnancy and still carry to term. I hope everything is OK.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• As you know - we are only other moms here - but I can tell you that I also had two heavy clot/bleeding episodes in my pregnancy. My son is now 16 and was very healthy from day one. I had to go for blood tests three times a week for two months as that was the only way that HGC (Human Growth Hormone) from the fetus could be detected for fetal growth.

I am not sure her age is what this is about - but as long as they can detect a fetal heartbeat - then this has to be positive. I would recommend she ask about HGC blood tests though to also put her mind a little bit more at ease.
    rodscanadian

Answer by rodscanadian at 6:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You can be pregnant with multiples and miscarry 1 and not the other. You can also bleed trhouout a pregnacy without any reason. As long as they can still see the heartbeat you should be fine.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009