MN BOOSTER SEAT LAW

Minnesota children under age 8 and shorter than 4 feet 9 inches tall must be in a
child safety seat or booster seat, effective July 1. Under the booster law, children cannot use a
seat belt alone until they are age 8 or 4 feet 9 inches tall — whichever comes first. To ensure
child safety, the Minnesota Department of Public Safety (DPS) recommends parents keep
children in a booster based on their height, rather than their age.

BUT WE SEND OUR KIDS TO SCHOOL IN BIG YELLOW TIN CANS WITH NO SEATBELTS---WHAT DO OTHER PARNETS REALLY THINK??? I JUST GOT RID OF MY KIDS BOOSTER SEATS, SHOULD I GO BUY MORE, WE ARE KINDA BROKE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• No dont buy more.. save that money for the funeral since your childrens safety is SUCH an inconvenience. Stupid laws trying to keep your kids safe... how dare they??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I believe that statistically, school buses are MUCH less likely to be in an accident. If your child is under the legal requirements, then yes, put them back in boosters. If they are under 65 lbs, personally, I'd still have them in a harnessed seat, but that's just me, and I don't know your kids ages and weights. But I'd say yes to the booster.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2009