honest reactions please

my man never says
I love you
never says
you look beautiful, pretty or even you look nice

I am feeling pretty bad about this and feel he does not care about my feelings or even care about me, how would you feel if your man never said these things to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Mine RARELY says these to me, which is different than never, but for me, it is VERY nice when I do get to hear them.. I don't know, though, have you talked to him about it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Talk to him about it. Tell him exactly what you've told us.
    Mary0791

Answer by Mary0791 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Mine does not say any of these and never has...I asked him one time and he told me that if he didn't feel this way, he wouldn't be with me...

If he used to say it and then stopped, I would be concerned...But, some men just don't express themselves very well.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My husband never says these things. When I asked him years ago why he didn't he said that he works hard around the house and at work and he felt that this said it for him. So I never mentioned it again.

Answer by Bmat at 5:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• He only tells me sometimes, but that's ok, the mirror tells me "you are a hot momma." Talk to him if it bothers you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• First I have to ask....does he SHOW it? Actions speak louder than words. My husband says this stuff all the time, however, he does not back it up with actions. He is cruel to me when he is stressed. He does not want to have sex with me. He keeps to himself, but I do hear the 'I love you's', ' you are beautiful', etc....
    Have you tried talking with him about it? Some men just communicate differently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• op here
    yes i have tried to talk to him about this
    he does not communicate well
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree w/ anon 2:57...does he SHOW it? My x used to always DO things to show me he loved me..projects around the house & such...when we would get into a fight sometimes he would go out and work on my car...change the oil, wash it..whatever needed done...what I really needed was a big fat hug and an 'I'm sorry'..it took me a long time to undertand doing things for me was his way of showing me he loved me...were split up now though...obviously that didn't work for me! He told me I was beautiful once in a blue moon...I asked him once why he didn't tell me I looked nice once in awhile, he said he didn't want me to get a big head ...I think it was his way of keeping me down...and it did, my self esteem was really low when I was with him.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 6:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Are you married?  If not maybe he is just taking for granted. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• depends on how he acted. Some men aren't vocal with their feelings but show them in their actions.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2009