Does anyone regret having kids?

I know that sounds just HORRIBLE, and I don't have PPD or anything, but some days I think, "Oh my god I should have waited." Especially days when she is grumpy or wont sleep..
Am I the only just horrible parent out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well I sometimes regret haivng mine so early, and right in the middle of going to school.. I am with you, I wish I would have waited a bit, but I don't regret having her at all. .
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Maybe my third. I became medically and physically disabled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• lol.. No, I think the honest mom's will admit to that being a thought here and there - like yesterday when me and my son were butting heads ALL DAY long and I had no escape.. some days are just hard. but I DID wait, I was 29 when I had my son and he's only 22 months now and he was planned.. so yeah, sometimes it doesn't matter if you waited or not - some days are just hard! I thank my mom for even getting me through the first full year and then some - he's a tough kid and anyone who knows him will be first to admit that but,.... he's also the love of my life.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• No, but being stressed & grumpy at a screaming newborn/child is completely normal. I am one who waited & it's still stressful. Plus I need more sleep now that I'm older. ;)
    Mary0791

Answer by Mary0791 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't regret having them, I admit some days are overly frustrating, when one or both are not so pleasant to be around. It has taught me to grow up on areas, and being a more patient person with others.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 6:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Even though legally I was an adult when I had my first born, I was overwhelmed and scared.  I knew absolutely nothing about babies.  Everything scared me.  I always thought I was somehow doing 'mothering' wrong.  Yes, there were definitely those days where I would say to myself  "damnit, maybe I should have waited just alittle longer".  But now, he is 3 and my daughter is 2 and baby number 3 will be here anyday.  I just stay focused on the positive and keep the negative thoughts in their place!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If I could go back, I never would have had them. I didn't want kids, and tried to give them up when I was pregnant, but my DH wouldn't sign the papers. I'm just not cut out for being a mom... I'm more a business woman than a diaper changer... But they are hear and I love them, so I deal... You will too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• heck, I am OLD and somedays I think "what the hell was I thinking??" - my dog, I swear, if she could talk, she would say "should've stuck with dogs, girl". We all have those days, regardless of what point in your life you are. It really is NOT a glamourous job. I remember sitting on the floor on our teeny tiny bathroom changing my 9 month old's bottom, my 3 yr old hopped off the toilet and presented his bottom for wiping, and my dog came up behind me and started licking my face to let me know she needed to go out, and it struck me - all of those University degrees and years of working my butt off and here I was - a glorified pooper scooper. So, yes, lots of those moments - you are not a bad person, you're worse - NORMAL!!! :P
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 6:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

thats how i feel
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Very much so! I love my kids, but I think they deserve better. Its not ppd btw.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2009