Why does my DD FREAK OUT if I sit on the toilet?

She is 16 months old, and we are potty training her. She is doing GREAT the only negative thing about it is that when I have to go she freaks out, throws a fit, screams and throws herself on the floor. She does this at home, or any time we have to use the potty elsewhere. We have a potty that sits right on the toilet, but I don't sit on that (obviously). I just can't figure out why she does this. Any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She probably does think it is hers, you should try to explain to her that everyone uses the big girl toilet, not just her. It will help her with sharing,too.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• She is probably thinking that it's her potty, not yours
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• She's really young to train but bless you for trying. She probably thinks it's her toilet. You'd be better off getting her a potty of her own to use. Good luck!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 9:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009