Is there a need for additional child care options?

Is there a need for night/overnight child care centers to cover child care for parents who work night shifts and parents who would like to do things during the evening or need last minute responsible child care?
If yes, why would you use the care and what would be a resaonable pay rate?

FoxzieDom

Asked by FoxzieDom at 6:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• OMG yes!!! I have had to turn down some great jobs because of non existent childcare for that late.
    However, I would expect the caregiver to come to my house, or have a separate room for my dd and no baths would be given there. As for price, I am a cheapie and live in a rural area so 50 a week would be reasonable here, since meals wouldn't be taken there, and you are sleeping the whole time.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Overnight centers and private home overnight services are available where I live. Just as there are different rates among daytime providers, the nighttime rates vary greatly. The centers generally charge the same as they would for daytime care, but many of the home providers charge less since the children will primarily be sleeping. Also, the home providers generally do not accept infants for overnight care.

I don't use these services, but I would if I worked nights and had no family available to watch my children at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009