How to tell them?

I am thinking of going back to who I was. I use to dress like a guy. I got mistaken as one often. My family got happy when I got married and pregnant and started dressing more feminine. However, this is not me and I am not happy with it. So I am going back. I am even thinking of going as far as maybe getting a sex change (yes hubby is ok with this). However, that would be a little bit down the road and I am not making decisions for a little while. But I don't know how to tell anyone or deal with my family when they find out. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• this question is ok?
    but my question about my man watching anal porn was taken off because it was offensive to some up tight woman on here, and mine said TMI in the question line
    ------------------------
    concerning this question
    hopefully your family is loving and will accept you for who you are,good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It's your life and you only get one chance to live it the way you want. Do what makes YOU happy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Don't focus on them or how they will react to it...focus on your own happiness...if they love you they will want nothing but to see you're happy.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 6:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Just sit them down and explain it to them talk slowly cause this is a lot for them to handle. Quick question, when/if you have your sex change is your hubby going to stay married to you? Will he then be gay for you. I am bit confused. BTW these questions are not meant in a disrespectful way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't think you should go to extremes. Women can dress a lot like a guy and still not upset everyone. On special occasions go all out dressing like a guy just like some women on special occasions dress girly. Do this when family and friends aren't going to be seeing you.

I consider myself androgenous. I never dress girly. I have never worn heels in my life. I wear a lot of mens shirts and jeans. We are lucky to live in a time when we have a lot of choice in what we can get away with wearing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• OP HERE:
    Anon @ 6:18 - Yes my husband will stay married to me. He actually is thinking of it too. I know, we're odd.

Gailll - I have just never felt right in my body. Even at a young age I begged my mother for a sex change but she told me it is something all girls go through and I will get over it. However, instead of getting over it I just started dressing and acting like a guy and then when I met my husband I just buried it. But it has recently surfaced again and I don't think I can bury it again. I hate my body.

I am just kinda freaking out because I know how much my family hates anything that isn't the norm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• so she shouldnt be herself around her family? Gailll thats not fair to her. She should be able to feel comfy in front of her family. family should be there no matter what good times and bad. She wants to be happy and then so be it they should accept her. she is NOT put on this earth to make anyone happy but herself and her kids. She said her husband is fine with it..

My question is are u goin to stay with ur husband?
    Anonymous

• u answered my ? already :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• does that mean u have to delete ur account if u get a sex change? and if ur husband does a sex change too does that mean he can get an account? or are u still goin to be called mom and him dad im sry but i would like to know. im all for it if thats how you two feel. What do ur kids think? or are they not old enough. i have always been interested in this type of stuff i have no idea why. but go for it.. dont let ur family hold u back
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• OP HERE:
    Anon @ 6:29 - I don't know what we would do about an account. If we do this then it is years down the road anyways. But we probably would switch roles. As for the kids, they are too young to understand. Our oldest still doesn't comprehend that men and women are physically different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009