Wonder how many people will be stupid enough to fall for this?

They have changed the name of the cap and trade bill to Pollution control. How stupid are these elected officials?

http://www.nytimes.com/cwire/2009/09/28/28climatewire-boxer-kerry-set-to-introduce-climate-bill-in-43844.html

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• its all in the wording carpy dont ya know? If they just do a bit of a flim flam PRONTO
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• How pathetic of the Politicians. Let's hope there are not more cowardly anons out there in this nation to continue the path of giving these Politicians a free pass! 2010!!!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am beyond po'd that they are continuously trying to pull wool! I like my electric company...every month they check my meter if I stay well below what the average is at the next month I get a reimbursement check! Last month I got 170.00 back, this month I am getting 130.00! With this crap and trade / Pollution Control / Carbon foot print eraser bill I will lose this great program and have to pay triple what I pay now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Lol! That's funny!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• How many Czars does it take to reword bill titles? Seems that's what they do! How many times have they changed the name of the Stimulus bill, Obamacare, and now Cap and Trade.

It's like they're playing that favorite among street thugs game of 3-card monte with the American people! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Thanks for the link, Carpy. I was talking about this to my VERY INTELLIGENT SIL (her view, not mine) and she didn't even know what Cap and Trade WAS. She certainly would support anything labeled "pollution control", because it sounds so PC.

It's like calling a used car "pre-owned". It could still be a piece of crap, but it sounds good! LOL
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Whenever, they want to sneak a bill threw, they change the name so no one will notice. Sadly most Americans don't watch the news or listen to Lou Dobbs and learn what's real.
    Alleebee

Answer by Alleebee at 8:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• So--how would you ladies deal with the pollution that we DO have? If you don't agree with Cap and Trade/Pollution Control, what WOULD you do?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• what WOULD you do?

I would tax all those cows...their gas causes way too much greenhouse gas! I am sure though those cows will then get a lawyer and start lobbying to stop my bill from going through!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It amazes me that SO MANY of you want to harp on carpy but you have absolutely NOTHING to contribute to the converstation!!! That seems to be a common thing on here. Any time a known conservative post something valid libs try to steer away from the conversation by putting the OP down.

***And now my 2 cents on the subject...They think they American people are ignorant. They've made that quite clear over the last few months. The truth is some will fall for this but many more people will not because we are far more educated than the government would like to think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009