OKRA RECIPE

What is your favorite okra recipe?

lonelyangel58

Asked by lonelyangel58 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Chpped into round bit sized pieces. dredge in egg then cornmeal and fry, fry, fry..lol.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Deep fried Okra is good. that's the only way I eat it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My favorite recipe is to throw it out and have something else. I can't stand the stuff! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• This is how my grandmother always fried it. Her way is my fav. So I do mine that way now.

Slice into bite size rounds. Season with salt and lots of black pepper and a little sugar. Throw a little flour into the bowl and put a lid on tightly. Shake to coat in the flour. Heat a little oil (not deep fried) in a pan and fry. We like ours cooked very dark, but not burnt.

It is so good canned with tomatoes and corn, as a soup (or can use as a base for a veggie soup.)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Oh...pickled okra is very good as well. I don't have a recipe and have never made it myself but I really do like it!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/okra-and-summer-squash/

best okra ever
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I love okra, and my favorite way to eat it is boiled with a little bit of vinegar. Yum!
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2009