Sex Question

Okay im 5 months pregnant with my second child and well i know its been awhile and my bf/fiance has been a trooper but now the doctors think something is wrong with my cervix and that i might have the baby soon so im not all flattered to have sex. but its hard sometimes not to give in and im scared a little that he might get it from somewhere else. am i bein unreasonable eventhough we're not exactly sure yet if anything is wrong?

shermi08

Asked by shermi08 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• If he goes and gets it somewhere else, he is not worth the time to spit on him. If the doctors thinks something is wrong, I would not have sex and bf/fiance should understand that...if you have sex, it could cost the life of your child (worst case scenerio). i would hold off until the docs give the all-clear
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• No. He should know that this is for the good of you and your baby, and he should respect that. DO NOT GIVE IN. Having sex could make your baby come really REALLY early if there is something wrong with your cervix and that has HUGE consequences. If you've been told not to have sex, don't. If this is all it takes for him to cheat on you then you don't need him anyway.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Worrying about your child is never unreasonable dear.  There are other things you can do besides just intercourse so that you both are pleased and there isn't a risk to the baby.  I think what I would be more concerned with is why he is pressuring you and why you are worried that he might go somewhere else.  If he would cheat on you knowing there is a possibility that having sex COULD in fact not be good for your baby, well dear, then you really don't need that in your life. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• if he goes somewhere else cause there is concern over your cervix then he is a douce i was high risk with all 3 of mine and sex was a no no but my husband dealt with it and didnt cheat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You need to take care of yourself and your baby, but talk and see what he says, I
    mean if he loves you he will understand...you can always give him a hand job or oral sex, sorry hope that is not TMI and I don't mean too offend you if I did....
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Normally I say that pregnancy isn't an excuse to not at least have sex with your partner often enough to keep him satisfied, but if something is wrong with your cervix, you just can't go poking around in there. I got cut off from sex with my 2nd baby at 7 months. It happens. Just remind him that you'll be able to be intimate again after you have the baby. Also, I agree with Korysmom96, think about oral if you're comfortable with it. He can even return the favor because that will not affect your cervix. If you aren't comfortable with oral, then you should offer a hand job every now and then.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• damn thats a tough one because you need to take care of you & your baby for sure but i would not be able to wait even 2 months to have sex!! good luck girl. talk to your dr about it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You need to trust him. If he loves you he will truly understand and not worry about sex. It's not that important. Talk to him about the way you are feeling. Good luck to you.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Take care of that baby and let him be satisfied with a hand job.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I thought I'd share one more bit of info...my hubby went with out the entire time I was prego, I was in patient for 7 months and then our son was born early and after he was born I was real sick and so too sum it up he went with out for almost a year.....Can ya believe it??? We have been married 13 years and we still talk about it and he says it is because I love you!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2009