20weeks and 1day I have gained 8lbs is that alright? or to much?

I went to the OBGYN today and I have gained 8LBS since I first got pregant. Is that an alright weight gain for as fare along as I am?. My obgyn Doc didnt say anything about it sooo I guess its not bad I havnt been tryen to gain a whole bunch because, of my sugar problems it would only make them worse and I am tryen to diet control that.
I just thought I would see if you all thought 8lbs gain was ok for me being 20weeks and 1day along or to much or not enough.
How much have you gained so fare if you are 20weeks and pregant?.

Thanks Guys Take Care

honeysuckle09

Asked by honeysuckle09 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thanks guys:) I actually am a very active person I got my two girls and thats alote of work itself they keep me moven lol. We been wroking on our girls new rooma dn babys room to:). I walk quit a bit and try not to over eat no matter how badly I wont sec lol its really hard and I have to watch my diet as well since I have sugar problems and I am tryen to keep them down so tryen to not gain fast and hoping I am at a safe good pace to get to the end of my pregancie without the worrie of shots and stuff. Thanks for all your answers it helped me out alote:)
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You are doing awesome! WTG!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• That's good. You gain the most the last 20 weeks!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i am 22 weeks and have only gained 1 pound. every pregnant woman is different!
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 6:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i'm 34 weeks and have gained..... 28 lbs blah!

you're doing great.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am 19 wks and I have already gained over 20lbs, so I say you are doing fine! You are half of the way there, and probably told to gain 25-35lbs total so you still have gained less than half.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Its different for everyone. My first pregnancy, I gained 60-70 by the time he was born and this time Im 25 wks and only gained 9 so far. 2 just in the last couple days lol but I dont think Ill gain anymore than 20-30 this time around.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 8:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I'll be 20 weeks on Wednesday. I've only gained 3 pounds so far and my Dr said thats fine as long as I'm gaining and everyones healthy. I'm also really active, that may be why you've only gained 8 pounds too.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• some women dont gain until further along in their pregnancy, I on the other hand am 28 weeks and have gained about 20lbs. every woman is different
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 10:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I've gained 5 and from what you've said in earlier posts and stuff we're right together as far as days go! Keep it up :)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2009