whenever i take pics of my 7 month old...her nose always looks really yellow. i dont really see anything when shes face to face. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The same thing happened when my daughter was younger! We never figured out exactly what was up, but she basically grew out of it because it looks fine in photos now.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 6:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• could it be the lighting?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Try a different camera, diffrent lighting, etc.  See if that helps some.  My son is black/white and VERY light.  For a long time he would show up NEON in pictures!  He looked like he was glowing in the dark, lol.  We found the plain old disposable cameras worked better for him.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i think when i have the flash on its a lil worse but it doesnt go away completely. if i use my camera phone i dont see anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• With my dd the lighting and all didn't make a difference. Her brothers would look normal if they were there with her and she would have a yellow nose, no matter what kind of flash or lighting I used.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Oops, didn't realize I hit anon, that was me @ 7:09
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 7:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• well at least it seems common lol. i thought something was wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• does she eat carrots and other yellow/orange veggies? The betacarotine builds up in the system and seems to turn some body parts yellow. . . don't worry though. . . my son was yellow nosed for months and is fine now. . .just reduce the amount of yellow/orange veggies and add more green veggies and see if this helps. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009