For you Military Moms...When you left your kids...how did you cope before, during, and after?

I am going to transfer in February. I'm in the navy and like in any branch of the military, deploying and doing small dets, etc. are just inevitable. I am terrified, seriously. I cannot wait until I get out. DH and I talked and we "compromised" on me staying in one more term. He says he understands how much I want to get out, but if that were true, he'd let me. Still, I've been in for 5 and they've flown, so hopefully these next several years do, too.

Still, do you have any words of advice for when you leave?

jlry_ldy

Asked by jlry_ldy at 6:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• You don't need your husband's permission!! You need to seriously re-evaluate this relationship with a man who is so controlling that you no longer have free will.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on Sep. 29, 2009