How long did it take for them to get over the binky?

i noticed today that my son has tore up the binky so for hazard reasons (on top of others) we decided tonight to take it away. How hard and long was it for you and your little one? what did you do to help or make it easier?

ldylancer03

Asked by ldylancer03 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DS was a little over a year when we got rid of his. Actually, the dog chewed it up and we threw it out and didn't have anymore. He fussed a little more at bedtime for maybe 3 nights or so, but only for a few minutes. Other than that, I don't think he even noticed it missing.
    jamie8506

Answer by jamie8506 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My daughter was two years old when I took her paci away. Neither one of us was ready, but she chewed through her last one (she liked Soothies). I wasn't about to run out and buy another one, so she went to bed without it. We had been out all day and she missed her nap, so she was too exhausted to even realize her paci wasn't there. We never looked back and she has not missed it one bit.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 2:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• We took the binky away from ours when they were a year old, actually the day before they turned one. We cut a hole in the end of it and that did the trick. They didn't want it anymore. Works like a charm.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My son was never really into it. He would take a paci for just a few minutes at a time. He wouldn't let us give him one anymore at around 6 months.
    handsomebabyj

Answer by handsomebabyj at 11:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Man my oldest granddaughter kept her stinky binky until she was three, I was sure her teeth would grow in a circle but they did'nt and now she is 10 and has perfect teeth.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 6:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2008