Odd childrens sizes issue...

My youngest son is kinda in between sizes. His waist is only 12mos and his length is 24mo... Where can I find clothes that fit him that I don't have to sew?

Is there like a tall and thin kids store somewhere?

He's 26 months... His shirts are 12-18 months and fit fine, but the pants are the issue.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• alot of pants come now with this thing inside the waist...it looks like buttons...its a way to make the pants fit better at the waist...i know walmart has them....i need them for my daughter cause she has no hips whatsoever and all leg!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• my son is 27 months and in 4t clothing and my daughter is 13 months and is in 3t clothing. we don't know where to buy them clothes that will fit comfortably either.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• They are both in the 99% for their height and they are thin.
    Michele068

• Carter's and OshKosh sell pants with adjustable waists-that's all we have ever bought for our boys (now 5 & 7) once they outgrew overalls!

My 7 year old is average height 48 inches tall and only 45 pounds, whereas my 5 year old is already 50 inches tall and 67 pounds! They can wear the same size pants, and with the adjustable waist option it allows for the necessary adjustments!

I know that you can also buy adjustable waist pants at Old Navy, Sears, JC Penney and Kohl's. Sears and JC Penney even feature "husky" and "slim" fits in most pants/jeans/and shorts.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My dd is in the same boat... her waist is 18 mos but her length is 2t! She's 22 mos as well. They make pants that have adjustable waists or a friend of mine uses belts... i still need to get out and get some, they sell them at walmart!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• We have the same problem. We buy the pants with the adjustable wait bands. They have them at Old Navy, Gap and Childrens place (I find the best brices there)
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Get the 24 month size pants with the adjustable waist band! I have a 5 year old who needs a size 6 for the length, but I have to cinch a 6 slim in all the way for him! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The only other thing you can do would be to buy a belt but even those are hard to find that are small enough to go around without going around twice. I still have this problem with my almost 4 yr old. She needs 3T length but she was still wearing 12m shorts this summer. That and teach them how to pull their pants back up themselves at an early age lol.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 9:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2009