Depression About Having Another Daughter!

SO, this is my story. I got pregnant, wanted a boy, had a boy. Right after having my boy I started thinking about what it would be like to have a girl. The next thing I knew, I wanted a girl. I had a girl. Now I'm getting ready for another girl and find myself dragged down by doubts somedays. She is healthy and getting ready to make her appearance and I've found that most of the time my mood can be brightened by those things. Has anyone else felt this? How do you deal with having two girls or two boys, etc? I think a big part of my depression is that my daughter is freaking perfect. I couldn't ask for a better daughter. Now I'm having another girl. I'm worried about favortism on my part. I've voiced this to my husband and he has assured me that if he sees anything close to that he will tell me. I don't know, what are your thoughts?

Katrina3016

Asked by Katrina3016 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think maybe you're just having pre-baby jitters. See how you feel after you have a baby. All children are different and unique in their own way. I have two boys and am perfectly content with that. They are both unique and special in their own way and I love them both exactly the same. I have had my tubes tied and I am not having any more babies. I will never have a daughter. You should feel blessed that you have these babies and of each gender. Some people just have one or the other.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think your fears are valid but I also think that once she is here, you will find that you are harder on the 'perfect' daughter instead. Just relax mommy and let nature take it's course.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• well maybe the perfect daughter will be a great role model for the younger daughter now. you'll be fine- i wanted a boy too.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009