Marriage Help

My husband and I are in our late twenties. Married almost 3 yrs together 7 yrs. We have one child-3. He is very mature and professional at work, in our relationship, but for some reason he thinks its funny to keep instigating our child and he thinks he's playing with her when its just plain irritating and our child gets annoyed. We fight often about that, and he just says I'm just being pushy. For example she's not feeling well today and she just wants mommy, but that's my fault. I'm like don't get upset b/c she wants me. He is a very good dad and does so much with her, but this is my only complaint and it's shoving a wedge between us and the discipline stuff. I'm like I'm with her all the time so of course she's going to listen to me better. I want to make everything work but it's really hard when you have someone so thick headed who can't just sit down and talk about normal stuff. I've tried, and tried. Any helpful advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Men are just like that. They think its funny to be annoying and they love to get a rise out of you and the children. My husband loves to irritate the children and I tell them Im gonna give Daddy a spanking. I spank his butt right in front of them and that makes them feel better. He acts like it hurts and says he's sorry. Bottom Line is your husband is just playing around with her. As long as he's not hurting her, you need to just let him do his thing. My dad always irritated us when we were little too. It's a man thing. If this is the worst of your troubles, then I would say you are doing pretty good.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• That makes me feel better. Thanks for the advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My husband is the same way with our two year old. My son will constantly call him mean and always comes running to me. But there are times he goes to his dad too. I agree with the other poster, if hes not hurting her, its ok. It is some kind of weird male thing.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 8:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009