Do you think it is inappropriate to play Thriller by Michael Jackson to a class of 1st graders?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Nope. There are other songs by Michael Jackson that would be more appropriate if that's what is needed.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• No there are no bad words in it and they probably liked the beat of the music.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• No i liked it at that age. I remember playing the movie when I was younger, and it scared my little sister who was about 4 or so.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• No not at all I think the video is fun and creative. It might be a little scary, but from what I've seen the kids I've been around loves the video.
    NeverGiveUp489

Answer by NeverGiveUp489 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The video freaks ME out, lol. But my 4 year old cousin likes it. Im just a wuss, lol =/
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• As a parent I would wonder WHY? But, I don't think it's inappropriate, but not necessarily appropriate either.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 8:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I heard and saw it when i first came out. My son loves watching it. Not a big deal to us.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If it's a halloween thing then prolly not, but i can't see playing it just because. I don't think 6 y/o kids are too young for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My 6yo is on a whole MJ kick. I showed him the Thriller video on YouTube some months back and he loved it. Then the whole MJ thing happened and they had the CDs readily available at the stores so I picked one up when he was with me and he was like, "Yes!" He's big on "ABC", "Smooth Criminal" and "Bad" now. I see nothing wrong with it for him...but would find it odd a teacher would show Thriller in a school to 1st graders, as many children may easily have nightmares depending on their level of sensitivity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• At least its not pussy control...LOL

Seriously, I don't sensor most things so I dont see a problem.
    shymom24

Answer by shymom24 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009