has your kids' school been hit by flu season yet?

My son's preschool is fine for now. But I work at a K-8 school that is getting hit hard! We are disinfecting everything all the time but they keep dropping like flies! It seems to be a fever, respitory, digestive flu..... hope I dont get it. A class of 32 second graders was missing 11 kids last Friday. I live in Ohio, has your school seen the flu yet this year.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 7:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in

• just heard this morning, a few schools from a local school district are closed because of the flu... again in and around Houston, so we don't get the cold nasty fall until November usually
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 4:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Here in Houston, I heard one class in my sons' school was missing 5 kids, out of 20-22 maybe. And I heard of an aquaintance (spl?), her son (high school) had the H1N1 virus, but is feeling much better now. No complications for him!
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 7:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't want to jinx it, LOL
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• What Jademom07 said. LOL
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Knock on wood, the flu has not hit my son's school or the preschool I work at. But the weather is just starting to turn nasty, I am in SE Wisconsin.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• H1N1 has been going around our school system here. So far so good (knock on wood)
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Not that I know of. None of the kids have said anything about classmates being sick. But the weather just changed for us (it was a chilly 46F when I walked them to school this morning) and a change in weather always seems to bring illness.
    My 6yo had a cold last week but seems to be fine now. I, on the other hand, am still sick. Can't seem to get rid of this stupid cough. It's annoying.
    I don't worry. My kids have never really been sick. Last year my son missed 2 days of school the entire year and that's because I refused to send them when it was -35F. We had to walk and their coats aren't rated for those temperatures. My oldest had 2 sick days and my youngest had 1, I think, plus a bunch of days she missed for medical exams for her seizures and heart. They've never had the flu.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:40 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We seem to have the common cold. nasal/sinus yuck, lot os coughing but not diarrhea or vomiting. and does NOT respond to antibiotics.  but yes large numbers are out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Sep. 29, 2009