Any pregnant woman got the H1N1 vaccine?

I am just wondering if any of the pregnant women have gotten it and if they felt funny afterward or fine???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I heard the vaccine isn't available until October 15.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am pretty sure that it is not recommended for pregnant women.
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• actually i heard pregnant women are at the top of the list for who they want to get it. but from what i know it's not available yet. i'm pregnant and definitely not getting it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It's not out yet. My ob is getting it in her office mid October and will give it to me when I go in for my next appointment. Pregnant women are at the top of the recommended list for H1N1 vaccine, followed closely by children 5 and under.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• my ob recommends i get it. she said it would probably in next visit which is two weeks.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 8:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I heard it is recommended by some doctors and not recommended by others. I would NOT get it since theres not enough research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It is not available yet, and according to the manufacturer's, it is NOT recommended for pregnant women as there is no studies to show the effect on the fetus. I will not be getting it, neither will my son who is 2. I've had the flu one time in my life (2 months after getting my one and only regular flu shot), and I am overall very healthy so I am not worried about H1N1. It's just another flu anyway. My friend's son had it 2 weeks ago. He just turned 6. He missed the first week of school, my friend said it was just like the regular flu but a little more severe. He's fine now. I am not taking chances with an unknown vaccine and the life of my unborn baby. Good handwashing is the best defense against the spread of disease!!
    Anonymous

• I am absolutly not getting it.. Look into the ingredients.. Thermasil = high levels of mercury.. Be very careful with the flu and swine flu vaccines.
    MrsRudd

Answer by MrsRudd at 9:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• the vaccine is not availlable until mid october. pregnant women are first on the list to recieve the vaccine, so you need to talk to your doctor and see what their opinion is, but also rely on your gut feeling. i refuse to get it just because i worry about long term affects, as its not like theyve been prepping this immunization for a long time or anything.
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 10:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My ob recommended it, but she doesn't give them in her office for some reason, so i went to the clinic and they wouldn't give it to me b/c i am pregnant. So i'm not getting one. The way i see it is if my OB wants me to have one so bad she will do it herself.
    LauraR2010

Answer by LauraR2010 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2009