is there anything i can take

i'm 33 week &i'm getting a cold and gosh my cheast hurts so bad is there anything i could take with out hurting my baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your doctor should have given you a list of approved medications

each doctor is different with that list
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My midwife told me I could take regular Robitussen (not CF or DM) for the chest cold and saline nasal solution or a netty pot for Nasal discharge/sneezing. Also you can try some ecchinachea (sp?) tea for an overall boost :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 7:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Talk to your dr, but like the post before me said you can take regular Robitussen (not CF or DM). Saline nasal spray is great, as is using a humidifier. You can have Tylenol and if your nose is runny, Zyrtec (NOT Zyrtec D).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i loved the emergenc's (sp?) you can find them at your heath food store, sometimes at regular grocery stores too. it is a powder that you mix with water... it is full of vitamin c and other vitamins
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• After 12 weeks Robitussin DM is safe. The best thing for chest congestion is a warm/hot shower to break up the phlegm, and then use a humidifier overnight. You can also use Sudafed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• binadril
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• im sick right now (28 weeks) and my OB called me today and said that i could us robitussin DM & afrin nasal spray. all doctors opinions are different based on your individual needs so you should absolutely call and ask what is approved per your OB
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 10:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009