How many students are in your child/rens classroom? and how many teachers?

in other words whats the student teacher ratio?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• 19 kids 1 teacher
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• 25 kids 1 teacher and 1 assistant teacher (kindergarten...my sons class)
    my husband is a preschool teacher... his class is maximum is 24 kids for two teachers.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• around 20 kids to 1 teacher..well except DD cause she is in kindergarten and there is a parapro in there.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• In my daughter's high school, the ratio is about 25 teens per teacher in each classroom. Certain classrooms have a double team of teachers for the advanced courses and some have students who have mastered the material from the year(s) before in their classroom as teacher's aides.
    My oldest teen is a Senior in high school and has been a teacher's aide for the mathematics department for 3 years. She enjoys helping and the teachers generally share further mathematics information with her in their spare time because she has a high interest in it and absorbs the information so well.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• In my son's middle school there are about 25 kids in each class with no aides. My preschool class that I teach has 7 kids but can have 12 and it is just me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The ratio is 4:1 or 8 kids:1 teacher & 1 teacher's aide

There are also 2 paraprofessionals, but they are assigned to specific students, so don't count toward the student/teacher ratio.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My oldest had the largest class in the school last year with 30 kids but this year they are down to 28. That's with 1 teacher. She's in 4th grade. My 1st and 2nd graders each have about 22 kids in their class.
    My preschooler has about 20 kids in her class and 2 teachers.
    25:1 is supposedly the average around here.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My daughters class has 23 students and 1 teacher.
    My sons' pre k class has 20 students and 1 teacher, 2 teacher aids and my son has a SEIT teacher just for him. But the SEIT teacher helps the teachers if she is needed.
    MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 11:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009