BM has SS in Size 4 Pampers...I think its ridiculous!

We had step son this weekend who is 2 yrs and 7 months. She sends us size 4 pampers everytime. He is 42 lbs and 36 inches and has a huige butt and legs. Everytime we change him theres marks like welt like blisters from her keeping in them. Im talking you have to stretch it to the mx amount than pull the diaper out of his butt and its cutting off his circulations. We have him every Saturday for 3 hours. So I told my Dh since he was obvlivious that these are way too small and he needs to tell her that there too small. We bought a pack of size 6 and they bearly fit. So my DH told her I think you should buy ss bigger diapers and she said yah whatever. We pay child support so I mean god why buy him too small pampers?

Also hes been having scratches and bruises all over his body and a burn mark and I mean hes only 2.5. As well he has loads of scars on his butt from previous diaper rash and gyngivitus and hes always dirty.

NIKKIANDYBABY

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 7:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I feel for him...Am i wrong for thinking this is abuse and neglect?
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 7:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• no.
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• that is abuse and neglest and you and you dh should do something about it like trying to get custody because it is obvious she does not care for her son or she would just say yeah whatever when you make a suggestion and burn marks on a 2 year old is ridiculous you guys need to report this and try to get him out of there before it gets worse
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• u need to take pics and write down in a book everything new u see and when then take it to the police no kid should go through that.. or u can flat out call dss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Wow the least of my worries, would be the diapers, what is wrong with his mother? I would call social services and involve them or get a lawyer and try for custody. Why does your DH only get him for 3 hours a week. If she is not taking care of him, it seems like she would want to get rid of him more. God Bless you for being a good step-mommy, you had better get involved in this pretty quick because it sounds like this kid needs someone to help him,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Take pictures next weekend. Actually, if you can, take him to a doctor as soon as you pick him up and have the doc document what he sees.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 8:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• He's old enough to potty train

Answer by admckenzie at 8:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree with Petie hun.. Next weekend, when you get him, take pictures AND take him to a doctor! Maybe your son's pediatrician? Also, you need to have a conversation with you DH and see what he feels about this whole situation too.. It's a very serious thing...
    Mmy_2_Lexus

Answer by Mmy_2_Lexus at 8:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree with the general trend here. Document EVERYTHING. Bring him to the doctor. And please buy him so diapers that fit and send them home with her!! She is probably buying size 4 because you get more in a package than you do with the bigger sizes. As they go up in size they squeeze fewer into the box, but the box still costs the same. He could even be in pull ups now and that would really ease the pressure on his bottom.

Is it reasonable for you and your husband to try to get custody of this poor little boy? It breaks my heart to hear things like this! Thank God he has you looking out for him!

What sort of "burns" are they? Does it look like a cigarette burn? That is a pretty strong sign of abuse and I would think it is grounds for immediate removal.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yes he is old enough to start potty training, but do you really think the mom is going to do that when she isnt even taking care of him? I agree with everyone else.. take pics, document and turn them in!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009