breastfeeding nightmares at 34 weeks

I keep having nightmares about breastfeeding, is this normal? In the one last night I could get a latch on my left nipple but not my right- and I also pulled a long stringy string out of one of my nipple ducts (like the string on a banana kinda) it grossed me out.

Am I really that nervous about BFing that its giving me nightmares? Or are the dreams normal?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 8:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had breastfeeding fears big time before baby #1. when she was born, it just all went away. it was like..."oh... that's what they're for!"

i also had other strange and frightening dreams while pregnant... so vivid!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Heh heh...nightmares ARE INDEED normal!

Answer by gdiamante at 8:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am only 10weeks preg. and have weird dreams. This is my 4th baby and i have strange dreams all through preg. Try to calm down. Im sure you can talk with a lactation consultant if you are that nerveous when the baby does come.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• its normal, i keep having snake dreams, ugh! i don't worry about it though bc i know it's just a dream. i think it has something to do with all the extra hormones your body produces.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I had breastfeeding nightmares too. Im nearly certain it is normal. The worst i had was that I couldnt breastfeed AND the baby was really a doll.. That one sucked!
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 8:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I keep having dreams that I forget to breastfeed or am to embarassed to do it because we are in public and my baby dies...those are so not fun to wake up from!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2009