So if I have another baby...

Then will the crappy gov. help me out a bit? Our family is waaaaaaay below the poverty line. Together my fiance and I bring home $350 a week after taxes. We both HAD great jobs, until we were laid off and had to settle for low paying crap jobs that we are waaaaay over qualified for. And well now we are in a huge financial mess! We are now living paycheck to pay check. We have NO savings left. We have lost our house. So now my fiance, myself, and our daughter are stuck living with his parents and brother in a tiny 3 bedroom house. They want us out in 2 months. Well we have NOWHERE to go. Nowhere at all. We have tried applying for PA until we get back on our feet, but since we live with his parents and dont pay rent, they wont help us. I AM NOT going to a shelter, never would I expose my daughter to that kind of enviroment. So I was thinking...cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• If I were to have a second child, then would the crappy state of NJ help us out?! Or do I have to have like 10 more so that I can get some damn help? I have no idea what to do. So this is my last resort, asking everyone here, WHAT THE HELL CAN I DO TO GET SOME HELP!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• WILL YOUR PARENTS LIE FOR YOU AND SAY THAT YOU PAY RENT? I DO PAY RENT AT MY PARENTS HOUSE BUT THEY GAVE ME A RENT RECEIPT SAYING THAT I PAY MORE THAN I REALLY DO.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• also, even though you have jobs...are you looking for better or trying to get promoted?
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• WTG mand, encourage people to lie and take advantage of the system.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• We are job hunting constantly. Working our hardest. My fiance may be promoted sometime within the year...but still, there is no promise. And it sure isnt happening in the next 2 months. And unfortunately, no, his parents wont lie for us. They beleive that lying to our countrys gov. is a horrible thing to do...so nope, that wont work for us. Im at such a loss for what to do here. I am scared. And I am serious when I say I will live in a damn car with my child and fiance before I ever go to a disease infested, dirty old shelter. I have been in one before, and no way I would subject my dear child to that. I stayed in one for a week and in that time 3 ppl were raped, one stabbed, and 2 had their clothes and wallets stolen. HA! NOOOOOOOOOOOO THANKS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Ya know, not all shelters are disease infested and dirty. Be happy there is a shelter if needed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Anon 8:33 how would I be taking advantage if I "lied" to them? I need help. And I as a citizen of this horrible country deserve that help. My taxes are helping pay for allll the ppl in the world who are lazy bumbs and are living solely off of PA. So why cant some of my taxes be used to help my family when we are in need? How is that fair? Im not trying to abuse the system, I just need help until my family gets back on our feet.
    Anonymous

• ARE YOU TRYING TO GET PREGGO? I MEAN AM ALL FRO PA BUT I THINK IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING NOW WITH JUST ONE YOU SHOULD WAIT
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• No Im not actually trying to get preggo. Im just saying, maybe if I did THEN they would be willing to help us out. It seems like the more kids you have the more likely you are to get help. Which isnt fair because I was responsible, planned my pregnancy, and am working to help support my family. But apparently I dont deserve help because of that. Oh btw, living with his parents we buy ALL of our own food. Pay for gas to get to and from work. Pay car insurance. We pay for their home phone (which his 16 yr old brother abuses), pay for half of the electric, and half of the heating bill since they were to cheap to even have their own heat they used to just fill the whole house with space heaters...OH and his brother eat most of our food. His parents wont stop him, and we have told him not to touch it, but he doesnt listen....sigh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• you need to re-file for food stamps and WIC. If you count your parents as part of YOUR household, you won't qualify. having another child is going to be more expensive than the benefits you'll receive. talk to someone in your state or county who has already passed inspection and is getting PA. she can give you tips on which questions are tying you up. You've been a tax payer a long time and you deserve to get out some of what you put in.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009