I am 13 days late and I have taken 3 hpts and also had a blood test thursday and today the doctor called and said it was negative. I have every symptom of being pregnant. What should I do next?

I am 44 yrs old and would love to have another child.

questlisa

Asked by questlisa at 8:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well usually a blood test is VERY accurate, so if it was negative then most likely you are not pregnant, some people want to be pregnant so bad that they can make themselves believe that they are pregnant so they get all the symptoms and trust me because it is true I have done it to myself before. Try again after you get your period, Good Luck!!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• All you can do at this point is wait.
    Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• even tho you may want to be pregnant, blood test usually are very super accurate. more accuarte then HPT. maybe your body is preparing yourself for menupause?
    i had this freind once who wanted to be pregnant soo bad she even thought she was lactating..your mind cant trick your body sometimes. and even delay your monthly,from stress. id k. wait ti out??what other symptomns....r u having?
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Blood tests are most times very accurate.. But not always. I was told after a blood and urine test that I was not pregnant ( after FOUR positive HPT's) Three days later and another doctors office I was indeed pregnant and am now thirty weeks:) I would maybe wait a few days and have them retest. Baby dust to you:)
    MrsRudd

Answer by MrsRudd at 9:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You can try to talk your dr into an unltrasound. I had a friend who never tuned a pg test positive even on the date of the birth.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• LOOK THE ONLY THIND YOU CAN DO IS WAIT. I'M NOT SAYING YOUR NOT PREGNANT BUT THE FIRST THING YOU DONT WANT TO DO IS STRESS. TRY NOT TO THINK OF IT EVENTUALLY IF YOU ARE PREGNANT YOU WILL FIND OUT BUT DONT LET YOUR DOCTORS CAUSE YOUR PER IOD TO COME BCUZ IF YOU THINK OF IT WHAT IF YOU ARE PREGO AND ITS JUST NOT DETECTED AND THEY CAUSE YOUR PERIOD? YOUD BE PRETTY MUCH ABORTING SO LET IT HAPPEN ALL ON ITS OWN OKAY RELAX!!! IVE BEEN THROUGH ALL OF THIS TRUST ME!
    ABRAMSMAMI

Answer by ABRAMSMAMI at 3:37 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Menopause?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Sep. 29, 2009