For the sahm out there, what do you have your dh do?

I am a sahm and wondering about how you guys out there run your household. Do you do most things but have your DH do somethings as well or do you just do it all?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do everything but work on the cars.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Good damn question as I am annoyed. I cleaned the tub and tile, mopped all the floors, did the windows, dusted everything in this house, three loads of laundry and made homemade soup for dinner. I have been cleaning for hours and now my back hurts. HE works. He takes out the garbage, mows, does some laundry. Never cooks a meal. I work way harder than he does.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My responsibilities
    Clean the house.
    Vacuum.
    Do dishes.
    Do laundry.
    Clean the bathroom.
    Take care of our daughter.
    Cook.

His responsibilities
    Go to work.
    Bring home a paycheck.
    Fix the cars.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 9:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Well right now, I am not only taking care of the house, educating our children who are 10 and 14, and also our bills.

He works, takes care of me and the kids, but then that was the arrangement even when I was working. I don't mind except for the bills, I would rather him take that over. Still because I don't drive, he takes me to run errands like grocery shopping. He will also clean if I ask him and honestly, he's better at it than I am, its just sooo not worth it to hear him afterward when he thinks it should stay clean for the next six months!
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't expect him to do anything except do minor picking up after himself and helping with the boys when he's home. He works all day, sometimes 12 hours a day. If he wants to do a load of laundry, I don't stop him though.
    absmama

Answer by absmama at 9:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My Hubby's gone a month at a time so I take care of our kids, housework, yard, pool. When he's home he takes care of the cars, house repairs etc. I think it's fair, he works very hard so we can have financial stability and I get to stay home and never miss out on anything with our boys.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It depends on the day. If it's been a particularly rough day with the kids (ie: today! I played referee almost all day and got NOTHING done), then I do ask him to help out with, like, giving the kids a bath while I turn into the Tazmainian devil of cleaning. However, most days I do it all so that all we have to do when he gets home is relax and enjoy each other and our kids :)
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I consider keeping the house, cooking, taking care of the children, raising our own fruit and vegetables, laundry, as my job. His job is going to work, taking care of the cars, mowing, heavy lifting. That 8-10 hours a day he puts in at work is work.  I don't expect him to work and then come home and work some more.  He does his fair share.  I agree with beadingmom, I want him to feel that home is a refuge, not a place to come home and put in more hours of work when he is already tired from working all day.  So I do as much as I can to make him feel relaxed and happy to walk in that door.

Answer by Bmat at 9:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am not fully a SAHM anymore, but will be in a couple months :) Usually, I clean everything on the inside of the house... dishes, laundary, sweeping/vaccuuming, kids, baths, ect. He is responsible for cleaning the garage (since that's his "hang out"), mowing and cars. On nights that I work I try to have him do the dishes so I am not overwhelmed the next morning. However that doesn't always go through...he will cook on occasion, but that's usually my "job". The only thing he cooks is hamburger and biscuits and gravy (both good, but annoying after a couple nights lol)
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My husband is a soldier, and I am a homemaker. This has become my motto and explanation, "His duty is to his country and his family. My duty is to him and our home." I realize that such a statement may seem a bit "Stepfordish", but it is what I believe. As I stay at home all day, I feel it is my "job" to make sure the house is clean, our child is cared for, and dinner is planned. While he was in Iraq, I also became accustomed to handling all of the bills and shopping (I continue to because he is really bad with finances....LOL).

We joke that his household jobs are the "man tasks" (taking out the garbage, changing lightbulbs, putting together furniture, etc.).
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009