Hello any Catholics out there!

*or anyone that can be positive for a minute*

You want to say something good about the religion? We have heard a lot of bad stuff lately.

What is your favorite tradition? Song? reading? Prayer? Charity? School? Teacher?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Prayer to St. Francis, divine mercy chaplet... I love being Catholic :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I'm a former catholic/christian. I will say that all those years I attended catholic grade school, my favorite song/prayer was St. Francis of Assissi's "make me a channel of your peace"(i forgot the title of it)

Favorite Psalm was (and still is nice) the one about "the lord is my shepherd"....I use to know it by heart.

Favorite teacher:(may she rest in peace) Sister Rosaria....she was a blessing in my life.

I don't know why catholics are getting a bad rap lately. Must be that time of year for the trolls or something. I'm sorry people aren't being kind to your faith.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The rosary!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I was going to say the Prayer to St. Francis is mine, but sadly enough I'm not doing a very good job of following what it says lately. : (

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Then maybe right now you like the sacrament of penance!!! Confession is good for the soul and Catholics get if for free
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My favorite tradition - Praying the Morning Offering .  I don't have a favorite reading - at different times different readings help me.  I do like when I find something in the Old Testament that foreshadows something in the New Testiment.  Like others I like the Peace Prayer of St. Frances.  Catholic Charities is my favorite charity - it does a variety of work.  I like the school my kids currently attend.  And my favorite teacher was Sister Cheryl, my second grade teacher.  She had a wonderful smile and gave great hugs.  My favorite part of being Catholic is the Mass - hearing the Word of God and sharing in the Eucharist. I love understanding that those in heaven are worshipping with us when we are at the Mass. 

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

---

Weirdo say what?!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• * I love doing the sign of the cross.

* Nicene Creed

* "Make Me A Channel of Your Peace" - So beautiful and moving!

* The Rosary

LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• anime_mom619
    Then maybe right now you like the sacrament of penance!!! Confession is good for the soul and Catholics get if for free

---

Weirdo say what?!
    --
    This Catholic weirdo read something in a magazine several years ago. Psychology today I think. It was talking about how confessing our sins out loud is good for the soul. How speaking out loud and sharing our faults to another human beings actually helps us emotionally heal faster. Well Catholics get it for free with the sacrament of confession. We are able to go to penance for free, usually at regularly scheduled times posted in the bulletin. So if we are sad we aren't living up to God, and none of us can be like exactly like God, we have a free service. One more good thing about being Catholic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Sorry, my kids were watching Hannah Montana when I hit the answer button. That just kind of popped into my head. I didn't mean it to sound quite that way. But it did sound a little weird the way you worded it. I mean really, how do you know I'm not going to confession or haven't already been and am going to go again this weekend? See what I mean? It just seemed a little off to me. I should have asked for clarification about your answer.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009