My next question lol. sahm how do you balance everything you do during the day?

Do you have certain days you do like laundry and vaccum? What do your days look like? Do you clean all day until its done?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• right now im a SAHM (i recently got a job but have not started yet). for me its just easier to clean up threw out the daythere isnt a set thing i do. except for vaccum i normaly do that first thing in the morning and b3 bed. (we only have a9X12 rug tho) laundry is on the weekend. so i can wash my husbands acu's and pt for the week.dishes get done b4 bed. im normally up by 6 and dont get to bed untill like 11. i spread everything out so that i dont do everything at the begining of the day,get done by noon.and sit on my butt for the rest of the day.lol. so if i spread it out it makes me feel more preductive.plus having to stop and feed and clean up after 4 people..kids are bathed at 7 in bed by 8.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I used to clean when they were little to control things. Now I just have to because the house is messy. I don't clean every day or vacuum every day but I do the kitchen daily and make meals daily. I'll sometimes start part of dinner at noon. If the kids are in school I'm at Starbucks or some other coffee shop dreaming.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Don't ask me, I am awful at the balance thing but that's because I am rather selfish about my me time. Dishes get done daily now that we have a dishwasher, before that it was after every meal. Vaccum about once a week, mopping...a bit longer ( I need to get better at this!), bathrooms get cleaned once a week provided I have clorox wipes on hand. I sweep the kitchen at least every day, more if the cat spills its food. Laundry, I tend to do almost daily because my DH's work clothes ready and I am never "on top of that". So I am usually washing what he is to wear that evening. Everything else gets done when I notice it needs done, like dusting and wiping fingerprints off appliances and walls. If my kids weren't doing cyber school, I might be a bit better off with the cleaning though!
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I do things as they need to be done. I wash the dishes after every meal. Sweep 1 or 2 times day. vacuum once a day. Laundry- usually 2 loads a day, fold at night after kids are in bed. The bathroom is done at least every other day. Mopping at least once a week. BTW my kids are 2, 3 1/2, and 5 so they can make lots of messes! They are pretty good about putting dirty clothes were they need to be, even bringing their dishes to the sink :) I cannot simply sit around when I know things need to be done lol! DOnt get me wrong, I am not on my knees scrubbing the corners and walls (only once in awhile!!) I just feel the basics need to be done before I can relax!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Some days I like to make a checklist. To plan.
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I clean when I feel like it. Some days I do more then others. Today I did 4 loads of laundry but not much else (other then get totally annoyed by my 3yo who must have been bored). Oh, scratch that, we also cleaned her room and I put away her clean clothes that I washed last weekend, lol.
    The other day I spent an hour cleaning the kitchen and by the next morning it looked like I hadn't cleaned it in a week so I got ticked and spent the next day in my room. I'm tired of cleaning up after everyone just to have them trash the house hours later. I'm not the freaking maid.
    Luckily my husband doesn't really care if I sit and watch TV all day as long as I cook something for dinner (could be Ramen and popcorn for all he cares). I try to keep the house straightened up, though. It's hard with 4 kids and him (he makes more mess then they do).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i have a basic weekly schedule. i figure im home all week i might as well push the work around. Mondays i wash towels & sheets. Tuesdays i vacuum & dust. Wednesdays i do laundry ALL day ( i love doing the laundry!). Thursdays my DD spends the day w/ my mom...so i usually sub teach that day or sit on my butt watching TV. Friday is bathrooms & floors. i wash dishes/load dishwasher through out the day so its not such a huge chore before bed & i run the DW every other night. i straighten up my DD's toys when she's napping or at night, but only b/c it hurts so bad to step on her toys. i make dinner while DD is focused on Sesame St...God bless that show!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2009