Curves

Does anyone go to Curves? I'm thinking of joining, just very self conscious about it. So I'm wondering do you find that it works well? How long did it take you to lose 10/20 pounds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I was a member of a similar gym (same machines and setup) I only went for about 2 mo but I lost, I think, 11inches in that time. Not positive of the weight but I stopped going when I got pregnant (I know now I should have stayed though!) I wish I could go again but I cant afford it :(
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I went to Curves once when I was searching for a gym to join about a month ago but was kinda disappointed in the simplicity of it. I prefer a variety of machines that give detailed workout summaries [tredmills, elliptical, bike machine, etc] and having the free will to target areas on my body I'm having a hard time without feeling rushed or limited. In my opinion it was just boring and there wouldn't be a whole lot of help if you hit a weight-loss plateau since the best way to overcome that is to change your workout, which is impossible with circut training.
    Eau_Rouge

Answer by Eau_Rouge at 7:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2009