Are you a SAHM with a nanny?

I am not proposing judgement, just curious.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, but I know of someone that is. She has 2 kids, 2 nannies (one for day and one for evening) and there is also someone that cleans her house for her. Now she really lives up to the stereotype of a sahm sitting around eating chocolates and watching soaps all day.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Yes, but that's only because that is what my MIL chose to be called instead of grandma! :) I know, not exactly the answer you were looking for!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Does such a thing actually exist? Nah, I wouldn't have a Nanny even if an alter-world existed in which I could afford to.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Nope. Just the occasional babysitter.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I wish. I'm a stay at home that sends her child to preschool...and that has a babysitter when I have date night, but no nanny and no maid...although we talk about getting one....when my hubby gets promoted!!!! ahhhh can't wait.
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 10:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Whaaaat?! Why have kids if you're not going to take care of them at least some of the time? I'm a SAHM, but it would be silly for us to have a nanny. What would I do all day if someone else was taking care of my daughter? Hahaha.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• LOL...we used to call my granny's cat "Nanny Cat" because she was 13 when she passed away, fostered kittens, and she would be so doting over my cat Diego.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:57 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh and...hmmm yeah, I get bored enough with her at school...don't need someone taken her when she's home
    OneToughMami