so there are random sex offenders camping out in the woods in Georgia?

Seriously! This is what we do with sex offenders? Cause no kid ever took a walk in the woods!

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• the definition of sex offender and pedofile are not one in the same
    the reason they are in the woods are because they can't be w/i a certain distance from daycares/schools/etc and even bus stops I believe. I DO feel sorry for those who are not pedofiles/rapist. when they changed the laws there were many stories on the news-dude picks up chick -in a BAR -what do you think? she's at least 21 right? ummm no! sex offender. Girl 18 and her high school boyfriend 16 was caught during oral sex-sex offender-and that was decades ago-and the kicker is they ended up married! The definition needs to be redefined. I tell my husband all the time not to pee in the yard or he will have to register. YES the pedofiles and rapist should have to rot in prison then there wouldn't be this problem. I'm sure everyone that lives in that area are aware of the situation and won't be doing any hiking...or sending their kids into the woods alone.
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 10:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,556300,00.html
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think it was Cali?? Not sure but they have tent cities under a high way....Craziness

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• All the more reason for our 2nd amendment right! WOOT lol..seriously though think about it you take the kids off in the woods for a hike..one of these pervs gets a hold of them..you find out..the rest is history!

I have no read of this though do you have a link for us?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• oh sorry I posted to soon you added the link :)
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• omg i live in like 20 min from there. Just when you think you live in a nice safe nieghborhood.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Yeah, jilly, this freaked me out. Tell your friends to call your state gov and complain. I'm a lot of miles away and it worries me!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• ould you rather them rent the house/apartment next door to you?

Answer by louise2 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Would, not ould

• Nope, I'd rather that they had designated half way housing ready.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2009