Is there a need for additional child care options?

Is there a need for night/overnight child care centers to cover child care for parents who work night shifts and parents who would like to do things during the evening or need last minute responsible child care?
If yes, why would you use the care and what would be a resaonable pay rate?

FoxzieDom

Asked by FoxzieDom at 9:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes, there is. There are many single parents that need 2nd and 3rd shift child care because the pay is better on those shifts. I would charge extra for 2nd and 3rd shifts so I could pay my staff more. Call around to centers that have extended care and ask what they charge for those shifts and for drop in care. Another thing that is needed is care for sick children. Those that are too sick to go to daycare but their parents cannot always stay home with them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I know a lady who does that in her home. I live in a small area but I know larger cities have businesses that revolve around 2/3rd shift daycare. They do charge more and you can't have as many in your care at a time as standard daycares.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 29, 2009