Am I nuts, hormonal, or would it bug you too?

So i'm 38 weeks pregnant and since about 36 weeks all of my in-laws have been trying to 'determine' what day my baby will be born.
Like one of them goes "oh this day is my anniversary, that would be a good day" "Oh, no I think this day would be good..." "i have an appointment by the hospital this day, so that would be good".... "how about this day? my schedule is free then..."
Um, FYI: My baby is almost definitely not going to convenince YOU!! It isn't even going to be convenient to ME! Or else it would be on its way right now. It just bugs me when people try to tell me what day would be convenient for them so I can go into labor. I know they're just having fun with it but at the same time, it bugs the crap out of me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That totally has to be hormones, doesn't sound like they're telling you what day to have your baby, just having fun.

Relax :) Make your own bet too
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Take a pool, like with football. Collect their money. You of course use it to buy something nice for the baby. Haha!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I hate that too lol. I have people telling me when I can't have the baby. Like o, this is my birthday so she can't be born on that day. And just generally obessing about my due date. because apparently on Dec. 24th she is supposed to just be here no matter what lol. I also have everyone telling me I should "try to hold off" until new years. rightt.... I just roll my eyes and walk away.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• as long as they are just kidding, that's really common. lots of people start pools on when babies are going to be born just for fun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It would bother me, pregnant or no...i did to the pool though, my daughter came almost 5 weeks early so we were all wrong!!! I put $50 on two weeks before my DD my dad was the closest!!! The inlaws wouln't bet.
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 10:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• try to make it enjoyable for you, im going through the same thing...so we started a pool, a 10 dollar ante for anyone and everyone that wants to bet on the day the baby will be born...whoever wins gets 1/2 of the pot and the other half goes to a savings account for our little one. it seems to have made it a lot less irritating having it be this way, plus im having my MIL take care of all the bets that way i dont have to listen to peoples crazy reasonings anyhow.
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 10:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• (OP) lol it's just weird to me. Like really, it would be kinda nice for my baby to have its own day. My son was born the exact same day in the exact same hospital as my cousin's baby. but it was so not planned that way. When people are telling me "ooh, do it this day! Ooh, do it that day" it's just crazy. And i think the part that is bugging me most is that it's the inlaws. They generally kind of annoy me anyway... now i'm pregnant and they tell me i'm bigger than a house (ok, so just one in particular does) and now they want to pick my baby's birthday. ugh!
    Ok, so i'll go ahead and call that hormones haha!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• (OP) Yay! I'm not crazy at least! A friend of mine witnessed the comments first-hand, and has informed me that it bugs even HER... and they're not aimed at her and she's never been pregnant. Whew!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• N-laws are put on this planet to bug the heck out of you! As well, so is your family! hehe. Deep breathing... or you may already be!... every prego girl gets annoyed at the little things. They're happy for you! And excited! Hang in there! You're doing a lot of hard work right now! Your joy will be here soon!
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 11:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009