Have you met your meat?

I just watched this and it made me sit to my stomach. Im a new vegan - for life!

http://www.chooseveg.com/animal-cruelty.asp

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 9:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I will never give up eating meat voluntarily!! NEVER!! NEVER!!! NEVER!!!

Answer by louise2 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• good for you! That is your right.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Not this again!

Catrin2009

Answer by Catrin2009 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Been there seen it and first of all it is not always like that, my dh grew on a dairy farm and it was nothing like that, I am sure that there are places like that but really most are not. Just thought
    I'd add my opinion.
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Im all ears for opinions. I dont have a problem with anyone that choses to eat meat. My vegan world began today. I havent told my hubby yet who loves his steak. Im sure not all farms are this way, but just to see that some are is discusting. I just cant do it anymore.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Oh, I love meat too much. That's why I refuse to watch those kind of shows. I know what goes on, but I guess I'm okay as long as I don't see it!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Because it is much more humane to call your cow to you, because you let your kids raise it as a pet, then shoot it before loading it onto the butchers truck? (got that bit of education from my neighbors while in HS when they were doing it while i was waiting for the bus my freshman year, needless to say I didn't make it to school that day)
    And realistically, not all, or even a majority of the farms are like this. I have been to many that while still feed lots, have regular care, the animals can move around, ect. If they are free range cattle, nobody checks on them till its time to get them for slaughter, so of course they are going to have unhealed wounds and such. Grew up running free in dairy country, if one of the cows was hurt, you knew why and how and if it was a machine, it was serviced BEFORE the next milking.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:16 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Whatever ya bunch of vegan freaks.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Congratulations! You have taken your first step towards better health for you and the planet. Send me a message offlist if you would like nutrition or meal ideas.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:14 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yup, then i killed em and ate em for dinner. My grandparents have a working farm & we always get meat from them and help slaughter the animals. I have no shame, my family eats very well :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:39 AM on Sep. 29, 2009