who took the glucose test when pregnant? did you pass it?

if you didn't did you have to do the three hour testing? how was it?

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 10:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think everyone has to take it. and yes i passed it. but the first isnt so bad. i drank the orange flavor, tasted like really flat sweet orange soda lol.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I did. Passed it fine. Are you worried about it for some reason?
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• no but what if i dont... then i have to take the three hr testing.
    well my mom does have diabetes, and she got it around her 40's and i'm only 21 so yeah i'm a little worried.
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 10:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I passed all 3 of mine! My best friend failed her first and had to do the 3hr test, she said it was awful! My mom failed the 1hr and 2hr when she was pregnant with my sister. She barely passed the 6hr test!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My Grandmother had gestational diabete's, and my first was a 10 pound baby, they assumed I may have it. So for my 2nd pregnancy they monitored it. It wasn't so bad, and I "passed" if that's what you're calling non-diabetic.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Yes, I did, and I have diabetes in my family--my paternal grandfather had diabetes Type I (he died from complications of it) and my father has Type II, controlled by diet and exercise. I passed it fine, but I hated chugging that flat orange soda stuff, though!
    SaraCVT

Answer by SaraCVT at 10:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I failed it with all four pregnancies and had to do the 3 hour. The 3 hour is double the sugar in the same size drink - so more syrupy! Yuck! I always pass the 3 hour. This last time I opted to just check my blood sugar levels every day. So far this month they have been just fine and I am hoping my doctor tells me I can quit checking. I don't eat a lot of sugar when I am pregnant - it makes me sick. I am wondering if that is why I am always borderline with the first test. My body just isn't use to the sugar.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I failed the 1 hour with my first two pregnancies and had to do the 3 hour. I passed the 3 hour both times. With my third and fourth pregnancies I skipped the 1 hour and just did the 3 hour and I failed the 3 hour both times. I had to check my sugar levels 2-3 times a day and follow a low carb diet.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 10:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I took it, passed just fine. Tasted just fine, I just drank it like chugging a beer lol. The worst part was being bored for an hour LOL
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 10:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009