How to get my 2 year old on a schedule?

My daughter has been staying awake until midnight the past week or two. Can anyone help me get her on a schedule as far as getting up and going to bed? She also doesn't nap anymore. Thanks for the help.

sagesmom724

Asked by sagesmom724 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Decide on a time that you want to get her up and then start doing it. With some kids you may have to start by moving it back in 15 min increments. Eventually she will be getting up at a decent hour and going to bed at a decent hour. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would def. at least make her have a naptime during the day...not necesarrily does she have to nap but as least an hour laying down in her bed...whether it be reading books or even watching a movie....Also a good thing to do is have a good bedtime routine....After dinner my babes usually play or watch tv/movie with my hubby and then it's bathtime and then we'll lay in my bed and read books and then it's off to bed around 9-10. Now that summer is over i'm trying to get my 2 year old in bed by 9. Doesn't mean she falls asleep right away but she is in her crib at 9pm...she likes to read books in there by herself. Also if your dd seems very hyper at night it may be what she is eating...make sure to check all ingrediants! xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 10:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am in the same situation with trying to get my 21 month old on a schedule and its kind of hard, but you have to start small and it takes time. Within the last month, i have been giving my son a bath at 7:00 p.m and and then there's a little bit of play time in between and tv time also. he eventually falls asleep around 9, or 9;30 on his own. its hard to force him to go to sleep so his father and i allow him to get tired and fall asleep on his own. Depending on ur schedule if you work, that's what you have to go by because if you dont work, then maybe it will be easier. goodluck to you and you will eventually be able to get your two year old on a schedule if you pursue it!!!!
    Kymom1227

Answer by Kymom1227 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 29, 2009