Exercise bike or elliptical?

I've been wanting to buy a piece of exercise equipment for awhile and I was originally wanting an exercise bike but I've found an elliptical for about $70 more than the bike I priced. I just wondered which would be better to buy. Would the elliptical give me a better work out and be worth more money or should I just go ahead and get the bike?

Momincollege23

Asked by Momincollege23 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Depending on your low back condition. In physical therapy, I could easily do the eliptical, but I couldn't do the low to the ground bike (I forget what it's called...).
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I prefer to work out with an eliptical as well, there is less strain on my joints. I also like that I can do it backward and perk up my bottom. I suggest you buy the piece of equipment that is the most comfortable for you to work out on, otherwise it will end up an expensive clothes rack
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 1:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I find the elliptical more entertaing and your whole body will feel like it's going to get more of a work-out. If anything go down to a fitness store like Sports Authority and as someone.
    arinesmith

Answer by arinesmith at 6:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i would also say eliptical would me better it can work oyu better and is very low impact.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 9:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I prefer my elliptical over the bike but I used to ride a lot when I was younger so I figured it was more the novelty factor. I do like that I am working my obliques more with the eliptical.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Personally, I prefer the elliptical because of it's efficiency. On the exercise bike I feel like I have to be on there forever just to lose 100 calories. On the elliptical, it practically falls off.
    Eau_Rouge

Answer by Eau_Rouge at 7:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009