Cesarean scar??

My doctor has told me that I may need a cesarean because my pelvic canal is too samll and narrow. I am not scared about the scar, but I have heard that the muscle behind the scar never goes back properly, even with a million sit-up everyday. To anyone that has had a cesarean and has tried to get their abs back, is this true?

lkuhn

Asked by lkuhn at 10:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didn't find it true... I am back to my size (actually smaller) and went down within 2 wks after my c! But I am naturally skinny, I have been able to do sit ups and everything without it hurting. You can still get back to before!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Your ab muscles separate naturally during pregnancy, not because of a C-section. I have some extra flab over my scar, but it's skin, not muscle, and it's because I got so big. You shouldn't have any problem with the muscle regardless.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2009