FLU SHOT

I have a 1 year old and he has a dr. appt this week. Is it recommend to get a flus shot at this age? And is it true that if you give them one they get sick anyways??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The flu shot is just a bunch of doctors that go through and look at all the different strands of the flu and try to figure out what which ones are going to be running amok the most. They take the 3 most common and throw them in a shot full of all sorts of CRAP and shoot them into you or your loved one. The reason that most vaccines work and have minor compliations is because they have been around long enough for companies to see the negitive side effects from harmful chemicals (like mercury-seriously used to be in most vaccines) that are used in the vaccine. But even after all that there is still a high chance of your child still getting the flu anyway, a different strand, same strand or even getting it FROM the vaccine itself. My ex father in law became allergic to eggs after getting the flu shot. Personally i am going to give it at least another decade before i vaccinate. Why do it, kids get sick...
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 10:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• my sons only 10 months and he just got his. so did our 3 yr old. there both going back in a month to get there second round and there swine flu. its all good. (depending on who you ask)
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Im getting my 6 month old and my 22 month old their flu shots next month when I get mine. I would rather be safe then sorry.
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• We don't do flu shots in our house. The only time we ever got the flu was after getting the shot (and that was 6 years ago). They use last years strain of the flu to make this years shot, but it mutates every year. I think the new H1S1 vaccine is way to new to get. Even some doctors are saying that the vaccine is worse than the actual swine flu (which is the same as a regular flu but can be passed from pigs to people and back again). You need to do what is best for your family, but have a serious talk with your doctor first and ask his/her opinion. Get the factsand make an informed decision. The worst decision you can make is out of fear (and I mean always, not just for this).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We do not get the flu shot in my home. I have gotten it two years in my entire existance, and both times I got just as sick, more often, for just as long as the regular flu. I'd rather catch the flu once or twice than get it four times because I got the shot.

Not to mention these are basically brand new vaccines every year. Scientists GUESS which 3 strains of flu will be around, then put them in a shot with a bunch of other crap. Its a hit or miss, and none of these flu vaccines have extensive testing (obviously, since a new one is made every year).

Yah, we don't get the flu shot. We let mother nature take care of things, and make sure we eat well and get plenty of probiotics, vitamin D and C, and ecchinacea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my bay who is 16months now never got sick last year,she gets her shots today..we are NOT getting the swine flu shot!!
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:43 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• No, they do not catch the flu from the shot. It's a dead virus. They CAN'T get it from the shot. If you get sick right after the shot that's because you had already been exposed to the virus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2009