I'll be 39 weeks on Wed. Should I be worried about not feeling to much movement today? I don't know if I should go to the hospital but everty night I usually feel movement around 10pm

NicksMom11385

Asked by NicksMom11385 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would wait till like you said till after 10 and if u havent felt anything try drinking ice cold water and then laying 0n ur side if that doesnt work call ur on call ob
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Drink something cold, that will usually get them moving. They do say that the last few weeks or so they stop moving as much, there just isn't as much room to move around and what not. But really when it comes down to it use your intuition, in my experience mothers intuition usually wins. Give it alittle time...
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 11:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Mine usualy moves more when I eat or drink something with sugar. Try juice or something like that. If that doesn't work then call your doctor.
    Payan04

Answer by Payan04 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If you are feeling movement, the baby is fine. That far along, there is little room for the baby to move. Also, the baby is going to sleep a lot more, preparing for the big day. If you are worried, though, call your OB or the on call nurse. And like the others have said, drink ice cold water and lay on your side. It should get the baby to move a little. But I think since you've felt movement, the baby is probably fine. I know with DS and DD when I was that far along, they barely moved.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 12:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You're good. Let's put this in perspective here. During the day you are up and moving so you are not likely to feel movement unless it's a powerful little kicker. Also when you walk it is very much like be rocked. Baby has probably been lulled to sleep by the gentle swaying. Come 10 o'clock you're tired and you lay down . You are not moving so you feel the movements of baby who woke up because the swaying stopped. Make sense?? I also wonder if this is why their sleep schedules are so different when they are born. At any rate there's not alot of wiggle room so as long as you feel something when you aren't moving baby is fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:31 AM on Sep. 29, 2009