moving-how to pack....?

we are moving after 2 yrs into another apt. my problem is , where to start with the packing? I know to start with what we dont use alot of, but thats not much and we have a month. any suggestions on how to organize this move/packing will be helpful. thanks ladies!

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 11:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• When i moved, i started with all the nick nacks and all the memory stuff and boxed them up and put them away. Unfortually all the other stuff has to wait till pretty much the week before you move. But as far as kitchen stuff, i would pack everything except a couple things to get by. I went room by room and got this awesome masking tape that had the room printed on it! so much easier then hand writing on every box! My only advice for you, when it comes time to doing you clothes, i didn't fold them up and put them in boxes. I just put them in trash bags, so much easier to pack in my car. Also it was pretty funny, with the clothes that we hung up in out closet, we just took out the pole and put in in the back of my car! It was perfect, we just had to hang the clothes in our next closet and didn't have to worry about putting them back on hangers (soo annoying lol) But good luck with your move! i hope it goes smoothly!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• We probably had a lot more stuff, we moved last year, have 3 kids, and have been married 21 years, so it took a lot of organization. I packed as the previous poster said, room my room, starting with all of the things we didn't need, made labels on the computer. Each room had a different color label so it was easy to grab and put in a room, and the boxes were numbered. I made a copy of every label, and put them in a notebook so that if I needed something I could just tell my husband what number box it was in......again, we had LOTS of stuff.

Good Luck with your move, and in your new home!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2009