Exactly how much?

I was wondering about discharge? I am 23 weeks pregnant and on some days i have very heavy discharge but not enough to drench my pants. What are some signs that I should become worried and call a doctor?

Emo_mommy

Asked by Emo_mommy at 11:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wouldn't be too worried unless there is bright red blood in your discharge. when i was preg. with my first, it was so bad that it would actually run down my leg! and doctors have always told me that unless it is bloody, not to worry too much. but if you want reassurance, call your doctor, they wont judge you for calling, they get it all the time! congrats!

katamike

Answer by katamike at 12:22 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I've had discharge with all three of my pregnancies to the point that i had to wear panty liners and change them sometimes 2-3 times a day. I would recommend that you get some, because it can get worse the further along you get. The discharge is normal, and each woman has a different amount. I've heard some who barely have any, and some who have tons.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• As long as it's clear/white and doesn't smell bad (some odor is normal, I know I was sour during pregnancy), you're fine. It's amazing how much comes out during pregnancy. It will increase as your pregnancy progresses, and you should probably wear a panty liner or even a maxi pad. I had so much in my third trimester, I went to the hospital thinking my water had broken!! So be prepared!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2009