Is it really possible?

Ive always beed very athletic in my life and now that I have become pregnant at nearing my third tri Ive gained about 30 pounds! is this right?
I dont look as though I have does the baby along with the fluid and sac really weigh that much?

Emo_mommy

Asked by Emo_mommy at 11:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I gained 60 lbs. during my pregnancy. I thought that was quite strange because I was healthier than I'd ever been while I was pregnant. I ate the right foods, I exercised, I drank all my water, and I still gained 60 pounds! Every body is different. Some bodies go into *starvation mode* and hang on to every morsel that poor mommy eats, others go into hyper-fat-burning-mode and those mommies lose weight their entire pregnancy. A rough estimate of all of the by-products of pregnancy (amniotic sac & fluid, extra blood for mom and baby, placenta, etc.) and the baby itself can account for about 23 - 30 pounds of weight. As long as you're eating right and exercising, you shouldn't worry about the weight gain. Good luck mama!

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• there are alot of factors that play into weight gain. the baby, blood volume, the placenta, your breast increase in weight alittle plus any water weight. dont worry about how much weight you gain you are doing it for a great reason.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I gained 53lbs with my first daughter. I started out at 127lbs and ballooned to a nice 180 by the time she was born. I stayed fit, ate right, and even rested when I needed it. I guess our bodies tells us how much we need. Heck maybe the doctors don't know everything..
    mom2hailie

Answer by mom2hailie at 12:10 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• 25 lbs is the goal amount of weight gain for most women, unless you are over or under weight. I'd say you're good.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:20 AM on Sep. 29, 2009

• typically you are supposed to gain around 25 to 30 pounds during pregnancy so I would say you are doing fairly good!
    gidget1988

Answer by gidget1988 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 29, 2009